There is a direct relation between the diet one eats and obesity. Controlling the diet is a sure method of controlling obesity. The following guidelines must be observed:
1. Foods that are excessively rich in carbohydrates must be avoided. These include rice and potatoes. Wheat must be used instead of rice. Barley and maize can also be used effectively.
2. Fatty substances must be avoided. In obese people, the chances of cardiovascular problems such as atherosclerosis are high. Hence, people who consume lots of hydrogenated fats have greater risk of cholesterol buildup in their arteries.
3. Obesity increases the chances of diabetes mellitus. Hence, people who are overweight must reduce their intake of sugars and other sweet foods.
4. Bitter and pungent foods are found to be effective in the control of weight and also preventing the dangers of diabetes in obese people. The bitter gourd and the bitter variety of drumstick are beneficial in this aspect.
5. Obese people must avoid preserved foods. The same applies to refrigerated drinks and cold foods.
6. Among meats, avoid red meats as they have high fatty contents. While buying meats, ask for the lean cuts and get the fats trimmed from them before cooking.
Obesity treatment isn't the easiest thing in the world to accomplish, but with your perseverance and determination, you can do it. The six steps above can help you a lot if you hew to them.